10 Most Prestigious Medical Centers in the World
The world is full of excellent medical centers all competing to make the newest medical discovery, perform the latest procedure and be a top-performing hospital with the best reputation. These renowned medical centers model excellent clinical practice and dedicated patient care that you just can’t find anywhere. Out of all the prestigious medical centers in the world, these 10 lead the way:
- Texas Medical Center: The Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas, is the largest of its kind. Not only does the TMC have one of the highest volumes of clinical facilities for patient care, basic science and research, but it also has two medical schools, four nursing schools and other specialized institutions. The internationally renowned University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center is located in the TMC and continually ranks as the No. 1 cancer care hospital in the nation. Patients from all around the world come to the TMC to receive world-class health care from the best doctors around.
- Parkway Health Care: Parkway Health Care, located in Singapore, is a world-class health care provider whose16 hospitals span across Asia, Europe and the Middle East. The Singapore medical center has three hospitals with one more under development. Experienced and bright physicians, nurses and scientists make Parkway Health Care a model for patient care and clinical research in Asia and around the world. Parkway also provides a wide variety of specialty care in neuroscience, oncology, cardiology, cellular therapy and many other complex fields of medicine.
- Bumrungrad Medical Center: Bumrungrad International Hospital, located in Bangkok, Thailand, is the largest private hospital in Southeast Asia. The prestigious medical center is internationally accredited and has been recognized for its specialty hospitals that offer top-notch care. More than one million patients from all walks of life come to Bumrungrad every year, and a good portion of them are international patients.
- American Hospital of Paris: The American Hospital of Paris continues to receive top marks as one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world. It was created in 1906 by a group of Americans living in Paris, who wanted to provide American-trained and English-spoken medical care to other Americans living there. The United States Congress recognized the hospital in 1913, which granted it federal status. Since then, the hospital has grown in size and status in the medical community. The American Hospital of Paris offers superior patient care and continues to be at the forefront of medical research and development.
- Mayo Clinic: Mayo Clinic, Saint Marys Hospital and Rochester Methodist Hospital make up the largest integrated medical center in the world, which is the one of the best of its kind. The medical center is located in Rochester, Minnesota, and sees more than 350,000 patients each year. Patients can find just about any medical and surgical specialty here, including its top-ranked departments of pulmonology, orthopedics, kidney disorders and diabetes and endocrinology. Mayo Clinic’s brilliant staff of physicians, nurses, scientists and students makes this one of the most prestigious medical centers in the world, and a model of excellence in patient care, research and medical education.
- The London Clinic: The London Clinic is the largest independently owned nonprofit hospital in the United Kingdom and one of the best medical centers in the world. This fully equipped hospital is led by some of the best and brightest physicians, nurses and scientists around. They are experienced and trained to treat a wide range of medical conditions and conduct complex surgical procedures, using state-of-the-art endoscopy tools and robotics. In addition to innovative medical research and procedures, The London Clinic is focused on providing the best individualized patient care possible.
- Centro Medico ABC: The ABC Medical Center is a private, not-for-profit institution in Mexico City that’s committed to providing high-quality patient care and educational training in the field of medicine. This prestigious medical center is one of the leading health care systems in Mexico and Latin America. ABC has four specialized medical centers: Neurological, cancer, transplants and nutrition, obesity and metabolic center. Not only does the hospital provide excellent medical care in a wide variety of specialties, but it also has one of the best medical institutions for training future health professionals.
- Klinik Hirslanden: Klinik Hirslanden is the principal hospital of the Hirslanden healthcare group in Zurich, Switzerland. The leading private healthcare group in Switzerland is also one of the best medical centers in the world. The medical center is comprised of 13 hospitals and specialized departments that are fully equipped to treat a range of medical conditions. Klinik Hirslanden’s state-of-the-art facilities and modern architecture truly embody the prestige of this excellent medical center.
- Matilda Medical Centre: The Matilda Medical Centre is a prestigious medical facility located atop Victoria Peak on Hong Kong Island. This leading name in medicine has a terrific reputation for providing excellent patient care and meeting high clinical and educational standards. The Matilda Medical Centre has a wide range of medical departments, surgical care centers and health assessment services. State-of-the-art equipment, advanced medical procedures and top-notch doctors, nurses and scientists truly make Matilda Medical Centre a model of excellence for the entire medical community.
- The Prince of Wales Hospital: The Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH) is Sydney’s major teaching hospital that serves hundreds of thousands of patients yearly. POWH is the recipient of several research grants and is the only Phase I research facility in the Southern Hemisphere. This medical center has about 440 beds and more than 90 percent of them are occupied throughout the year. The brilliant 3,000-person staff handles a wide range of medical conditions inside the hospital and outside through rural outreach services.
Did you enjoy this article?